Saturday, May 17, 2008

Wolfie...My beloved pet and best friend



Because of the gross negligence of a woman driving too fast on a dead end road , on a cell phone, to look at storm damage, my best friend, sweet little companion is gone… Her actions could have easily resulted in the death of my sweet babies… no one helped as I screamed and carried the body off my Wolfie off the road…they stared blankly as my child wandered through my yard and as I ran to grab him and rush to the animal hospital.
I was behind a state trooper who ignored my honks and lights flashing to move and I passed him in the turn lane.. no look.. no glance… no one cared..

The animal hospital was closed but because I got out of the car and immediately started uncontrollably shaking/vomiting…they took him off of m passenger seat where I was stroking him gently begging him to just hold on one second longer….I was going to help my poor puppers.. but it was too little too late.. He died on impact so at least he didn’t suffer long..

My husband on his way back off the road came to get me and drive me back home…

I’m in shock…my heart is breaking and there isn’t anything I can do about it…

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart August 2005-May 2008 My dear friend will be loved and missed forever…

My house has become a chamber of torture as everything reminds me of him…the spot on the rug where he loved to lay in the sun.. his corner of my bedroom where he would trundle off ..his collar jingling…all the way to his blanket to fall asleep… The window in William’s room where he used to look outside and let me know that everything was okay for the night, the spot in the kitchen where his food bowls used to be…. His place under my seat for when we went on car rides.. his face looking at me as I pulled the car out of the garage cause he knew it was time to go for a ride… The backyard where he used to run far and wide chasing the rabbits and squirrels.. He loved life .. and he loved me.. and I terribly miss my baby dog..

My life is less full…. My heart….will never mend,,, and these tears will continue to flow…

Even as I look at these words.. it falls so inexplicably short of the pain in my very being..

No comments: